24 Nov 2007

Friendship




I've received the "The Colors of Frienship"-Award from Meghna and I really appreciate her as a cyber friend! She is - like I've said before - a truly talented girl, very creative in her writing and I think we do have a lot in common. We both like reading/writing/poetry and even Chess! We've started playing a few games on a site and that's what friendship is about...sharing the same interests! I want to pass on this award to the following bloggers: Chris from "My Kop op 'n blok".
He really tried to help me moving my blog to Wordpress in a way that I would still be able to export my chess games to iframe(which will still happen in the near future!)
Boer from Boer-in-Ballingskap". Boer and I are having a few chess games too now and whilst playing, we also have some chats! He lives in Korea and teaches English to Primary children and he always has some fantastic photos about Korea on his blog....so visit his blog, although you might not understand the Afrikaans language, you will surely enjoy his photos! .... Tony from "Moonfleet" Tony always makes me laugh and has always something funny to light-up my day on the chess site!.... and then also to Andrew from "The 4th Avenue Blues"...who's blog I really enjoy reading as he is really a fantastic writer.
About Friendship:

Friendship isn't always easily described. The Eskimos, they say, have a hundred different words for snow. Unfortunately, the English language isn't quite as innovative, though it has vast opportunities to differentiate meaning. Certainly, Love is one of those opportunities. And so, too, is Friendship.

Instead of different words, however, we're stuck with simple adjectives. Close friend. Best friend. Childhood friend. Intimate friend. Trusted friend. Beloved friend. But whether you use adjectives or different words, few could deny the nearly infinite meaning in such a simple word.

Friends are special people. We can't pick our family, and we're sorely limited in the number of them at any rate. Society and mores (and often our own conscience) dictate we select a single mate. But our friends can be as diverse and infinite as the adjectives we choose. Our friends, in a very real sense, reflect the choices we make in life. Enjoy a few friendship poems I've found on the net!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



A Friend Most True
© Wendy Hinson
I need to know if you’re my true friend,
will you be by my side until the end?
Can I tell you my secrets deep,
and trust them in your heart you’ll keep?
We are neither of us without our flaws,
can you accept mine as I will yours?
I’ll be a shoulder to cry on when you’re blue,
will you be there for me when I need you?
No matter how busy I will make time for you,
if you are busy will you make time for me too?
I will take your hand and comfort your tears,
will you hold me and soothe my fears?
I will give you joy and many warm smiles,
can we share that even across many miles?
I will not forget what’s important to you,
will you remember what’s important to me too?
With you my most favourite things I’ll share,
If only I know do you truly care?
If you can accept me as I do you,
then I will know you are a friend most true

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Unseen Friend
by Iceman
Although you are a friend of mine
and letters we exchange,
I wouldn't know you on the street,
and doesn't that seem strange?

You hold a place within my life,
unusual and unique;
We share ideals and special dreams,
and still, we do not speak.

I picture what I think you are,
perhaps you picture me.
An intriguing game for both of us
for someone we can't see.

So for this friendship we possess,
we owe this mail a debt,
Perhaps the charm lies in the fact
that we have never met.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHAT IS A FRIEND
© By HARRY SMITH

A friend is someone who understands and
someone you can trust.

They will listen to you both night and day without ever making a fuss.
A friend will stand by your side when you are right and sometimes when you are wrong.

They will hold you up when you are weak and provide support to make you strong.
A friend's love is unconditional and unique in every way.

And when you have problems a true friend will kneel with you and pray.
A friend will stand by your side through thick and thin.

And whenever everyone have deserted you they still will be your friend.
A friend once said to me that a friend is sent from God above and I believe this to be true.

Because God has sent a friend to me and that friend to me is YOU
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ENJOY this song about Friends...


More about Friendship! ....
What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies". - Aristotle

Perhaps the one relation that has survived the trials and tribulations of time and has still remained unconditional is friendship. A unique blend of affection, loyalty, love, respect, trust and loads of fun is perhaps what describes the true meaning of friendship between two individuals. Similar interests, mutual respect and strong attachment with each other are what friends share between each other. These are just the general traits of a friendship. To experience what is friendship, one must have true friends, who are indeed rare treasure.

Different people have different definitions of friendship. For some, it is the trust in an individual that he / she won't hurt you. For others, it is unconditional love. There are some who feel that friendship is companionship. People form definitions based on the kind of experiences they have had. This is one relation that has been nurtured since times immemorial. There are famous stories about friends in mythologies of different religions all over the world. They say a person who has found a faithful friend has found a priceless treasure.

Psychologically speaking, friendship may be defined as "a dynamic, mutual relationship between two individuals. As children become friends, they negotiate boundaries within which both partners function". This helps them to function like healthy individuals in life as they learn to draw a line as and when needed in a relation. This greatly helps in the emotional development of an individual. However, any relation needs constant nurturing and development from all the people that are involved in one. Friendship cannot survive if one person makes all the effort to sustain it without any mutual recognition from others.

Since friendship starts the moment a child starts socializing, the kind of friends that the child chooses should be taken care of till the time he / she learns to differentiate between right and wrong. Wrong peers or lack of socializing can lead to severe psychological traumas and disorders, finally leading to social maladjustment. The correct peer group is essential for the development of the personality of a child. Both positive and negative experiences refine the personality of the individual. Thus it is essential that you find friends who are compatible with you on an emotional and psychological basis.
Read more about Friendship here...

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for passing on the award to me! With you move to Wordpress and my non-existent internet connection at home I nearly missed it, until I saw an incoming link on my site!
    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claude3.12.07

    Bravo my dear Nikita :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claude! :) thanks!

    ReplyDelete