23 Jul 2007

Springbok

Replacing the Springbok! Well, I've decided that I don't care anymore. I LOVE the Springbok and it represents everything that is pride and strength. But, ....if you know what's going on in SA rugby ..........and even more in the future...I wouldn't want to call the "Springboks" a Springbok anymore...If I listen how they go about to choose players for our National Team...well...the best players are not always playing and even in the future, players who deserve to play, will just be left out because.....and I don't have to explain that in sooooooo many words...obvious reasons in our country! So....do know why they will not be the "Springboks" like "before"...what a pity...I was also voting for the Springbok to stay! Just look at the animal! What a beautiful animal...how can you deny that this animal is everything that a team can ask for....you feel proud when just looking at it............. I can just imagine how any sportsman/woman must feel when you got chosen for the Springbok Team of any sport! The government can now even replace it with a pig, I won't care....the world will laugh at us anyway, no matter what animal/flower they replace it with! Wonder why so many players leave the country to play in other parts of the world? Don't ask...you know the answer....

Bob Skinstad, named to lead the Springboks for the 11th time when they meet the Wallabies on Saturday, will continue his career with French club Perpignan after the World Cup with fellow South Africans Percy Montgomery, Gerrie Brits and Phillip Burger.The French club on Thursday confirmed on their website that Skinstad will join fullback Montgomery at the club next season.

http://www.suparugby.com/pages/Default.asp?SectionID=79










http://www.news24.com/News24/Sport/Rugby/0,,2-9-838_2134534,00.html

1 comment:

  1. I cry for you and your country. I wonder how long it will be before they decide to change all the place names to "African" ones, as they did in Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe).

    ReplyDelete