8 Sept 2007

Pink and Love---mood


LOVE

Love, I have a few thoughts about love
And I don’t mind sharing them with you.
Love is the hungry vibration of life for fulfilment
Love is the flight of a bee into the flowers of
Spring
Love is life transcending nature and reason, and going
Towards divinity
Love is a charge that powers the current of life and makes it
Flow from man to man
Love is not a game, or a ploy, or a legal contract.
Love is God walking among men, and demanding their worship






Click on the image for a larger view to be able to read...






Love card here


*******************************************************

Edmund Spenser
One day I wrote her name upon the strand
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
One day I wrote her name upon the strand,
But came the waves and washed it away:
Again I wrote it with a second hand,
But came the tide, and made my pains his prey.
Vain man, said she, that dost in vain assay
A mortal thing so to immortalize!
For I myself shall like to this decay,
And eek my name be wiped out likewise.
Not so (quoth I), let baser things devise
To die in dust, but you shall live by fame:
My verse your virtues rare shall eternize,
And in the heavens write your glorious name;
Where, whenas death shall all the world subdue,
Our love shall live, and later life renew.



HOW DO I LOVE THEE?

How do I love thee?
Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of Being an Ideal Grace.
I love thee to the level of everyday's
Most quiet need, by sun and candle-light.
I love thee freely, as men strive for Right;
I love thee purely, as they turn from Praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints,--
I love thee with the breath,
Smiles, tears, of all my life!--
and, if God choose, I shall but love thee better after death.

~~Elizabeth Barrett Browning~~

I had done this poem in Secondary School and has been my favourite since then!

No comments:

Post a Comment