6 Sept 2007

Recipe

Click on the picture to see a larger image....

This page comes from the Woman's Weekly, 28th August 2007. (UK magazine) It all looks delicious!! Hubby bought the mag for me...perhaps thought it was high time I read a woman's mag for a change...and not playing chess...hahaha....he also bought me "The People's Friend" (The Famouse Story Magasine"...wonder why...although there are some good articles in it...one about Willie Shand...whoever he is! ....lol and...there is a page about Gloucester Cathedral too...really good reading stuff...he knows I like to read stories...perhaps that's why he's bought the "story magazine"......anyway...thought to share the recipes!! I'm going to try the "Mille Feuille Slices"...not today....perhaps the weekend...I like baking, but I must be in the "mood" ....did it a zillion times when at secondary school, but don't do it as much as I did it when at school. I can remember, we went to the movies, I was in Standerd 9...now...that was in the OLD South Africa...now it is Grade 11! Not 11th Grade...like the Americans say...we do it always the other way around in South Africa....hahaha....just to prove we are "different"...but anyway...we came back that Friday night, I baked a chocolate cake AND we finished it about an hour later...!! My first pudding was when I was 10, never heard of "method"...started reading and as far as I go, mixed everything! I got the best compliments for my Vinegar pudding...and it was really nice, must say myself...and from there, every Sunday....everybody wanted that pudding!! And....then I discovered the "method" bit...and it wasn't the same again....so...ignore the method bit and mix! haha..

WOW!!!! Just found a vinegar pudding recipe on the net!!! Check it out....

HERE and try it!!

Vinegar pudding

Preparation time: 20 minutes

Baking time: 45 minutes Oven temperature: 160°C

Serves: 6

Batter

250ml milk

15ml butter

15ml smooth apricot jam

15ml vinegar

1 large egg

155g (185ml) sugar

150g (250ml) cake flour, sifted

5ml bicarbonate of soda

Syrup

250ml cream or evaporated milk

125ml milk

100g butter

100g sugar

Preparation

Batter:Place the milk, butter and jam in a saucepan. Heat to melt the butter and jam. Add the vinegar and set aside.Whisk the egg and sugar in a bowl over hot water until light and fluffy. Stir the milk mixture in then fold in the sifted flour. Quickly fold in the baking powder. Pour the mixture into a greased, square or rectangular 1,5-litre ovenproof dish and bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until the mixture shrinks away from the edges of the dish.Sauce: Combine all the ingredients and simmer for 3 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven and prick the surface of the pudding with a fork. Pour the hot sauce over the pudding and leave to absorb. Serve hot

Here is another Vinegar pudding recipe...click HEREfor the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment